Tuesday, 2 April 2013

The last 2 weeks is the longest..

We basically have 2 weeks to go until the due date, if we make it to that.. It feels like forever! I just wish there was something to distract me, everytime my phone goes off in my pocket I automatically assume it's Katy and I start to think..
this it, t who I need to call first, should I just calmly walk home to her or run, maybe on this occasion it's worth getting a taxi, oh god I wonder how hard the birth will be, I should have bought more nappies, I wonder if I could get a pack on the way home, should I turn up with flowers, oh imagine what it's going to be like when our daughter goes into labour, god I don't know if I'll cope! 
I eventually get around to reading the message 'can you pick up milk?' 

It's nice to be this excited about something, but this waiting is like nothing I've ever had, at least usually theres a rough date, the day you're going on holiday, 2 - 3 day delivery, dinner at 8pm.. but with this, by the time I publish this post her waters may break, or in 3 weeks time, there's just no knowing. 

Perhaps this is the first lesson of parenthood - learning to go with life, from inside the womb my daughter is already her own person, she'll come when she's ready, and although I can sit by Katy's belly in the evenings and whisper in for her to hurry up, she's going to do things her way, and this is something I need to be prepared for as if she's anything like her parents, I can't see her conforming any day soon. 

and as impatient as I am, I love her for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment