Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Liebster Award: My Answers

So I got tagged by my dear friend Ella in this blogging thing. I'm not much of a social blogger and really just post what I want but I'm sat waiting for my baby! So need things to do.. So here it is.. 

So how it works is that you are tagged and answer a set of questions given to you by your tagger. Then you choose eleven of your favourite bloggers, and you give them a new list of questions to answer, and then they choose eleven of their favourites, and so on and so forth.
1. Why is your favourite person your favourite person? (You don't have to name names but you can only pick one person!)
As I just mentioned, I'm not that social, and the people I do have in my life are all equally fantastic. But my favourite is of course my other half. For anyone who knows me the boyfriend/girlfriend label is something I avoided with a barge pole. I was always so reluctant to put it on my relationships. It was common for me to be with someone for months before I was comfortable to introduce them as a girlfriend, it was something of a joke amongst my closer friends, but then I met Katy, and well my whole opinion swung drastically. It really didn't take me long to realise that she was something special, and together we just clicked. I think it's somewhat cliché and I'm sure pretty 'cutesy' to read. But we are 2 peas. I have this attitude where I blaze through life, I make rushed decisions and I make them boldly, throwing myself into the unknown and seeing where it takes me, it's really nice to have someone that just goes with it too. She sometimes looks at me when I suggest something as if to say 'really?' but I know that wherever I am, or have decided I have her support, and that support is what's led me to where I am today, on the year anniversary of our meeting in a life 100x better. In a beautiful house, doing a job I love, having hobbies I enjoy, not being out every night drinking and smoking, and ultimately.. having a child, the single greatest experience of my life, since mine and her's first kiss.

2. Favourite memory?

I'm impressed if I can remember this mornings events, my memory is awful. But when we found out I was having a baby Katy and I went for dinner, we spoke about it and afterwards we rang Mimi, my best friend, the first person to find out we were having a baby. As I told her I felt a tear gathering in my eye and slide down - all sly like - my cheek. It's the first time I ever had 'tears of joy' since this I welled up a bit at the first time we heard the heartbeat, and the first scan. 

3. Somewhere you haven't been to yet but want to?

There's quite a lot of places, but I really want to go to a romanian market. I'm looking for enamelware and I hear it's quite the hotspot. This isn't a joke.

4. Somewhere you have already been but are aching to go back?
My experiences of exciting trips abroad and submerging myself in other cultures are pretty limited, as I've never had that desire, my aims and goals have always been fairly close to home but there was this beautiful restaurant I went to when I visited Rome when I was 18 and I went alone, sat outside and watched the traffic filtering by, little Fiats and Vespas and men in suits going home from a long day at work, and I sat on an incredibly comfy chair with a large glass of Pinot, and it just felt like I was in heaven, and I would love to be back there, with someone by my side this time, sat in quiet and just taking in that moment. 

5. Top five favourite films?

Simple. In no particular order: Vanilla Sky, American Gangster, Fight Club, Seven, Airplane, Oceans 11, 12 & 13, V for Vendetta, Trainspotting, Yes Man, Body of Lies, Man on Fire, Shaun of the Dead, Kings Speech, Lord of War, Weatherman, Donnie Darko, Everything Must Go, Arthur, Garden State, Taken, Last King of Scotland, Ladder 49, Zoolander, Sweeney Todd, The Green Mile, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest..... oh, you said 5? Fuck off.

6. Why you study what you study at uni, or alternatively if you don't go to uni, what would you want to study if you did?
I didn't go... If I had I'd have enjoyed doing something with Business, I don't know if such a degree exists but the legal side of business, contract law, employee rights... that sort of thing, I think it'd be really useful and I'd love to start it online once I'm not so 'about-to-have-a-baby-and-a-full-time-job-and-set-up-a-business-and-be-a-boyfriend-y'

7. A song lyric that resonates with you?

'it's better to fall on your face than to live without knowing' it's from The Art of Falling by Greg Holden. I listened to it on repeat when I was leaving school, deciding if I should move to Bath and when I found out I was going to be a Dad. It's an inspiring song, by a great artist with a lot of memories for me.

8. Do you prefer being casual or dressed up?

Casual. It makes getting dressed up that little bit more special. (Sound more like Gok Wan Derry, it's all about the confidence)

9. If you could meet any actor/musician/historical figure, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
Whoever I met I'd try and act cool like it was no big deal which I'd then regret forever. I really have no interest in meeting celebrities, but I'd be willing to meet anyone who's 'shaped' the world.

10. Three reasons you like blogging?

To let people know what I've been up to. To read back in the future to remind myself of what I've done. To feel vaguely like I have an artsy-creative side.

11. Something, an event or person or film etc, that's changed your life?

My Birth was pretty life-changing, second to that was probably finding out I'm going to be stood next to a woman giving birth to my child. 

I'm going to do my tagging and questions in a new post as this is already pretty long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment