So, in order to try and improve them, each wednesday I am going to try and think of 5 things that I'm happy about, either that's happened so far this week, or I have to look forward to..
- Today marks the start of the 14 day countdown to the due date, I think she'll be here before then, but it's so nice to be 2 weeks to go! Here is the light at the end of the tunnel, oh, and what a light!
- Yesterday I was walking to work, and was about to cross a road when I noticed an ambulance coming down the road sirens going and lights flashing, I stopped to let him speed through, however, he did the same - and let me cross over, I hope nobody died because I was walking over, but at the same time it was a small gesture that I appreciated the rest of my way to work.
- Me and Katy have been talking about buying property, not today of course, but in the next few years, and we've spoken about what kind and where and how etc, and it's just been so nice, to plan a future with her, such a nice thing that I'm getting to do...
- ... this kind of follows on from 3, but we've been finally finished unpacking boxes, the nursery / 2nd bedroom is clear of all our old junk, and we were sat in there last night discussing where things were going and what they'd be like in a couple of years and I just realised, this is the house we'll have our baby in, our toddler, our child. pretty special.
- I no longer feel like the new guy at work, I'm getting the respect of the staff, I think! I'm starting to get to know peoples quirks and the way they work, and just generally settle in. Makes me feel like moving all the way down here on a whim was the right thing to do, it's a great relief.
So that's my first five. hopefully by next week I'll have a better snappier title, but who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment