- Everyday Value Spaghetti
- Everyday Value Long Life Semi Skimmed Milk
- Everyday Value Noodles x2
- 1.5KG Everyday Value Veg Pack
- Everyday Value Red Kidney Beans
- Everyday Value Small Potatoes
- Everyday Value Oats
- Everyday Value Rice
I'm more than aware that I have quite a few student followers, and so this just looks like your every week shopping list. But this is actually what I'm going to live off for 5 days between 29th April - 3rd May.
I'm taking part in the 'Below the Line' challenge, which was created to raise awareness and a greater level of empathy for those who live on less than £1 a day. I know it's not realistic, and that £1 would have to also cover rent, education, medicine... etc..
But I haven't even started and it's already started opening my eyes to just how much I spend on food. I said to Katy half way through, I'm going to have to get rid of the chickpeas they are just too expensive (at 40p) and I had to pick between the spaghetti (19p) and milk.
So the rules are, I can only eat those things I mentioned earlier, and only drink tap water, from 00:01 on 29th to 23:59 on May.
to find out more visit... Live Below The Line See if you want to get involved yourself, or just find out a little bit more.
or of course, if you would like to and I'd be really grateful (and it'd make this whole thing worthwhile) you can sponsor me a couple of quid here.
No comments:
Post a Comment