There have been a few things today that have caught me thinking, oh, am I now old?
1. I went out to go and buy something from a hardware shop on the other side of the industrial estate, I left at about 9.30, and strolled down, it's a short walk and we found out last week that you can walk across a public footpath that runs by the river, suddenly I found myself a bit taken a back by how much I was enjoying a saturday morning walk alongside the trickling water. Not as much a taken back though when I initiated an awkward 'good morning' to a passer by.
2. A little while later and I was washing up and I looked out the window and thought oh it's stayed dry for a little while, I'll do the grass whilst it's sunny, whilst I was doing this and mulling over of important things such as; stocks, politics and whether I'm more of a Guardian or Times man, I thought our rock garden area was a little weedy, so I started to pluck those and admire my lawn.
3. Back in the house and at the kitchen sink, whilst waiting for my washing up to dry before I did some more I decided to clean the hob, grill and even oven. I'm not even moving out and trying to get back my deposit!
and now heres the clincher..
We've been worrying lately that the house is too messy to have a baby in, and so we've been occasionally doing frantic clean ups so that when the midwife turns up she says something along the lines of "oh with a house this tidy you are going to be the best parents, this birth will be a walk in the park because your glasses are all very straight inside the cupboard" so, back to the story..
9.30 I'm hoovering through the living room, straight into the kitchen and then I begin the stairs and suddenly I realise, it's 9.30pm on a saturday and here I am hoovering the stairs. Is this where my gosh I'm so mature nowadays moment ends? No. My mind then jumps to 'Oh god, I hope I'm not annoying the neighbours'... I know what you're thinking, surely this is where I just stopped thinking. but here's the final thing. Katy suggested I did it tomorrow but my reason for doing it tonight, was this..
If I did it know it'd be done tomorrow so we could get up without worrying about it, and go to the car boot and when we got back the house would be nice.
As if a 20 year old fella thinks like that. Im going to start separating milk lids soon I know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment