I thought I'd take this oppurtunity of my two top girls sleeping on the sofa in front of QI on a sunny Sunday evening to just give you all a small update on what's going down, down here..
Other books that are upon my vintage library shelf include some 1950's Beatrix Potter books and Observer Guides.. Plus a few less well known children's stories published by F. Warne & Co (who published Beatrix Potter's delightful children's stories, they really did have an eye for good classic stories) There are also reference books on Growing Herbs, The History of London to the 'current day' (which was.. 1920) and a book of compiled essays on Shakespeare.
And moving on...
I have also today finished this little set of drawers, it's hard to gage the size of them, but they basically stand somewhere just below my knee, they are a lovely piece I just don't know where they'll live. I have distressed these further than I usually go, but I am quite happy with the result. They've been painted in my usual Nutshell Organic Paint, which is produced down the road and is entirely free of unnatural and harmful products. The Gold trim around the bottom is another locally produced paint by a different company which I've been meaning to try for ages. I think it has created a lovely finish and I'm really looking forward to using them again, also a nice little fact is unlike many paints which are acrylic, chalk etc based this one is milk! and I don't even like milk...
So I'll leave this there, I apologise to those who are only interested in this blog for stories about Lia, but I want to keep some aspect of my blog about me! But I have included a photo for you! Here she is in her Aunty Gloria's arms... (yesterday)

No comments:
Post a Comment