I'm currently trying to 'be a better person' so this includes stuff like actually do the washing up, hoover, not have an over flowing washing basket, get Lia into a bit of a routine, go for walks, but most importantly eat better.
Last week we had friends over, two nights in a row, we had Pizza Hut pizza 3 nights in a row.. tut tut tut. Katy's been under the weather for a couple of days now so I took Lia out the other day, we went for a long walk and home via M&S, I bought steak and ancillary items (frittes, beans, mash, greens..) and I was passing through the spices section Turmeric caught my eye, a few days earlier I'd been browsing around the internet aimlessly and found this recipe for Red Pepper and Bacon Risotto by and old school friend, whose blog I've occasionally drifted through.
I love the process of cooking risotto, the way in which your mind just drifts away after the first 10 minutes of just stirring, adding stock, stirring, adding stock, stirring, adding stock... etc.. throw in a bit of background passenger and the kitchen becomes my own little world.
Maybe I was a little timid with the Turmeric, having never cooked with it myself I was slightly anxious, but when I make this again, which I'm sure I will, I will throw in a bigger pinch.
But thanks to Mikki (myroadaheadblog.blogspot.co.uk and mikaelarobyn.blogspot.co.uk)
for the inspiration this week, may you continue to share many more!
In other update news;
We still have Lia! She's nearly 7 months now, and is crawling backwards like a trooper, any day now she'll lurch forwards (or so we've been saying for a month!) she's loving discovering new foods and drinking water with meals.
Our wedding date is set, and invitations will start to go out, which is insanely exciting, very soon (or so we've been saying for a month.. noticing a theme!?)
Our house is nearly done, just 2 more rooms and a corridor to go and I'll get to that really soon (you know what comes here...)
Anyway, I really should be getting up, but I'll leave you with a few recent photos to give you an idea of what's happening this end...



No comments:
Post a Comment